el's kitchen & her liFe in NZ
I've been living in Auckland for quite a few years and was originally from Malaysia. I'm a chocoholic that loves yummy food, cooking and baking!
Saturday, September 30, 2006
Cute Sushi Ball, Stars n Hearts
Japanese Souffle Cheesecake
Japanese souffle cheesecake with strawberry glaze. Recipe from www.kyokoskitchen.com
Monday, September 18, 2006
Earth GEMS or Earth GERMS =D
Hey people, have you seen this before? Very colourful right? Anyone knows what is Earth Gems? How does it taste like? I wonder if only NZ produce Earth Gems. I'll update you with more information about these cute little things.
Supremely stunning. Colourful, beautiful and bold. Jewel of the Incas, gourmet Earth Gems are the perfect choice for entertaining - as a garnish, entrée or the main attraction.
HEALTHY & WHOLESOME
Earth Gems are the ideal nourishing gourmet vegetable:
High in unrefined carbohydrates
High in Vitamin C
Extremely low fat and high in fibre
Good protein source
Sweet taste similar to baby beetrootIndulge yourself and your family in healthy, inspired cuisine.
SIMPLE TO SERVE
‘No peel’ preparation - so easy
Boil, bake or microwave and serve whole
Boil gently to preserve texture
PREPARATION TIPS FOR EARTH GEMS
Earth Gems are an ideal accompaniment to any meal. Their bright colouring and small size serve is a feature - keep them whole.The sweet taste of Earth Gems is enhanced through gentle boiling, but also try them baked amongst roast vegetables, or microwave for quick and easy preparation - effect without the fuss!
Peanut Butter M&M's
Thursday, September 07, 2006
Egg Tart Recipe
90g unsalted butter, room temp
20g icing sugar
170g flour, sifted
1 cup soya milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
How to make shell...
1. cream butter and icing sugar with a wooden spatula for 2-3 mins
2. Add in the egg and soya milk and blend well with the butter
3. Add in flour and knead into a dough
4. Chill dough for 30mins
5. Then put into mould (i used muffin pan)
How to make fillings...
1. In a small pan over medium heat, dissolve sugar in milk. Remove from heat and let rest until warm.
2. Beat eggs with vanilla and add to mik solution.
3. Pass filling through a strainer and pour into tart mould.
4. Bake at 200 C until cook. 15-20 mins
The crust needed some improvement to make it a bit softer, i think the filling is perfect... overall, this 1st timer egg tart still taste pretty good and only requires basic ingredients.
Devil Double Chocolate Cookies
2. Melt the chocolate. Set aside.
3. Place butter and sugar in a blown and beat for 8 - 10 mins or until light and creamy.
4. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for another 3 - 4 mins.
5. Stir through the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and melted chocolate.
6. Add the extra chopped chocolate and stir to combine.
7. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into rounds.
8. Place on baking trays lined with baking paper, allowing room for cookie to spread, and flatten slightly.
9. Bake for 10 - 12 mins or until slightly cracks have formed. Cool on racksss.....
My Finger Food
Tuna Bread Rolls
Easy Peasy Weekend Chinese Dinner